Inboard Engine Flush
There are TWO ways you can flush Salt-Attack Salt Remover through your inboard engine:
- Direct Injection Kit.
- Salt-Attack mixer connected to water in-take line.
Auxiliary engines may be flushed in a flush bag filled with Salt-Attack Salt Remover solution.
Direct Injection Kit
The Salt-Attack Direct Injection Kit is designed for all moored vessels with inboard/outboard stern drive motors to flush and protect your expensive marine engines without leaving the helm.
Salt-Attack Salt Remover protects your engine’s cooling system even when using salt water.
It protects all open and closed-circuit salt-water cooling systems by injecting a 50/50 mixture of Salt-Attack and fresh water.
There are a number of different kit options available to suit your vessels set up, ranging from a single engine flush right up to twin engines and a gen set plus air conditioning flush. We can also customise your kits to fit your exact set up.
The Salt-Attack Direct Injection Kit comes ready to install with wiring, tubing, quick connect fittings, designed to be drilled and tap into water strainer/water pump and an easy-to-follow instruction manual.
The kit comes in two versions, wireless and non-wireless. Wireless model allows for easy installation as no wiring is needed forward of the motor because you control the unit remotely using the remote control supplied. Non-wireless kits come with 3 core wire and a rocker switch to be mounted at the helm.
The Salt-Attack Direct Injection Kit will connect to 12V power, and has an adjustable regulating valve. Once installed all you need to do is keep the reservoir topped up with Salt-Attack Salt Remover concentrate and flush your engine for 30 seconds after every use.
Salt-Attack Mixer Connected to Water In-take Line
- Attach a fresh water hose to the Salt-Attack Mixer then connect hose and mixer to the engine cooling in-take pipe (before the water pump).
- Fill mixer cup with Salt-Attack Salt Remover.
- Turn mixer unit to “rinse” setting and flush engine with fresh water for 5 minutes.
- Turn Salt-Attack mixer unit to “Salt-Attack” setting and flush motor for 30-40 seconds. Turn engine off leaving the Salt-Attack in the engine’s cooling system to protect the motor.
We recommend our Salt-Attack Salt Remover Starter Kit.